Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Welles Hangen

Everytime I look at you, I dont understand,
why you weren't satisfied as just a newsman.
Could have had it easy, if you stayed in Hong Kong,
instead you took a paid vacation in Vietnam.
The newsmen back at home, they are the stars of the act,
why are we the ones stuck with getting the facts ?

Chorus:
Don't you get me wrong, don't you get me wrong
Don't you get me wrong, don't you get me wrong
I only want to know
Welles Hangen, Welles Hangen
Where are you ? How is it hangin' ?
Welles Hangen, Journalist
Didn't you believe Chairman Mao'd be pissed ?

How come they didn't pick on ABC or CBS ?
Why are we the lucky ones stuck in this mess ?
What about when you get back,
did you reach your peak or do you think you'll make it
as an after dinner speaker ?
did you know that Ho Chi Minh by now he woulda got'cha ?
did you think these guys would write you a rock opera ?

Repeat Chorus 2x

2 Comments:

At 12:15 PM, Blogger trixibelle said...

Is this supposed to be funny?

 
At 12:15 PM, Blogger trixibelle said...

Is this really supposed to be funny? Kind of curious why you are so inspired to write about this?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home