Saturday, March 25, 2006

Headlines on the Brain

The news is clearer now,
at last, all too well, I can see where we all soon will be;
if you strip away the myth from the man,
you can see where we all soon will be.
Wells...

You started to believe, their propaganda's true;
you really do believe that they wouldn't capture you.
And all the film I've made what will they think of that ?
You really think you can convince them that you're a diplomat ?

Listen, Welles I don't like what I see,
we're surrounded by nasty VC;
I was told, we only came here to tell what's new.

We're behind the commie lines, and we're even dodging mines.
I think they're gonna get us soon.

I remember when this whole thing began, no talk of spies; you were just a newsman.
and believe me my admiration for you hasn't failed.
But the commies, aren't nice; they want to put us all on ice.
And I didn't come this far to be jailed.

NBC you're great newsman, shoulda stayed in his homeland.
like Dave Brinkley on the set, richer he'd get.
weather forecasts, news reports;
latest news from last night's sports;
would have suited ole Welles best; we all could rest.

Listen Welles, don't you care for your crew ?
we just came here to send back the news;
we're reporters we didn't come here to talk to Ho.

They've got rifles, they've got knives;
we've got cameras and our lives.
Let's get out before we lose them both.

Listen Welles, I'm a friend you can trust;
I'll paint a sign that says Saigon or Bust.

The big wheels back home, just want a front page story, dont care how.
We are going down the drain,
cause they've got Headlines on the Brain.
Do you know what Spiro's gonna say now ?

Listen Welles, I'm a friend you can trust;
I'll paint a sign that says Saigon or Bust.

(c) in 2006, 2005, 1991, 1970

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home